THE ‘MOON HARBOUR’ TAKES YOU INTO SPACE!
THE COMMUNITY OF ARIANE CITIES : 15 CITIES IN 6 EUROPEAN COUNTRIES, 3 SPACE AGENCIES AND 18 INDUSTRIAL SITES
Founded in 1998 as a nonprofit organisation, the Community of Ariane Cities (CVA) brings together European cities, known as Ariane Cities, and partner industries working in European space transportation. In particular, the CVA serves to strengthen their cooperation, inform local elected representatives on space activities in Europe, and to contribute to the training of future space sector professionals.
AERONAUTICS, SPACE AND DEFENSE, A METROPOLITAN FIELD OF EXCELLENCE
ASD, #1 industrial sector in the metropolitan area
- Over 300 companies-almost 50% of the sector in the NouvelleAquitaine region
- Turnover: 2 billion euros -close to 2/3 of the Nouvelle Aquitaine 20 000 emplois
- Thales group « avionics divison » headquarters
- Key knowledges and expertises:
- Dassault: Rafale combat aircraft and Falcon business jets final assembly lines
- Thales: Rafale radar, helmet viewfinders, …
- ArianeCroup: Ariane 5 and 6 elements design and production
7 large industrial groups
- Dassault Aviation / Dassault Falcon Services; Thales; ArianeGroup; Safran Ceramics; Daher; Sabena Technics; Stelia Aerospace
Thanks to its undeniable assets, Bordeaux, a founding member of the CVA in 1998, was unanimously appointed, after Seville, to take up the presidency of the CVA in 2020 alongside its industrial partner, the ArianeGroup.
FRANCE LEADING EUROPEAN SPACE AMBITIONS
The Ministerial Conference of the European Space Agency (ESA) on 27 and 28 November 2019 in Seville closed on a highly successful note for the European space industry and consolidated the role of France in this sector.
The Member States allocated €14.4 billion which will enable the confirmation or initiation of highly ambitious programmes to strengthen Europe’s competitiveness and maintain its attractiveness, thus meeting the dual global challenge of competition and cooperation.
CVA PROGRAMMED EVENTS
Aucun évènement pour ce mois
2020, A YEAR TO RALLY ALL PLAYERS
Bordeaux Métropole and ArianeGroup, via this CVA presidency, aim to rally all the players of the local ecosystem thanks to a programme of more than 60 actions (dedicated or certified events), with several focus points:
- Show the excellence of the local expertises in the ASD sector
- Position Bordeaux Metropole as the european capital for space transport, on the basis of its industrial expertise
- Support actions initiated by our university, industrial and public institutions partners
- Create a public consciousness of the key issue for Europe to maintain its independence in access to space
- Boost new companies setup an jobs creation.
- Perpetuate the existing special links between CVA cities and the space industry actors
- Make people understand the issues of space transport and space conquest
- Promote scientific, technical and industrial culture based on space sector
- Give birth to vocations for the industrial talents of tomorrow
Do you wish to communicate about a potential CVA event?